This Policy applies to any information that we collect on the Website, including any information in any emails, posts, texts and other electronic messages between you and the Website and any information about you transferred to the Website from other websites. This Policy also applies to any related information that we collect about you offline but that will be processed by automated means using the Website. This Policy does not apply to any other information that we collect by any means.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, or our third party service providers may collect information from and about users of our Website on our behalf. This may include information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal/physical address and email address, or other information about a user to the extent maintained in personally-identifiable form, such as a specific user’s company name and job title (collectively, “Personal Information”).
The information we collect on or through our Website may include information that you provide by registering to use our Website, using our services, posting material, requesting further services or reporting a problem with our Website. We will also retain records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
If you choose to submit a rating of an employer through our Website, we may, through manual or automated means, also view and collect information from one or more of your publicly-available social media profiles on the Internet to verify the rating information you submit or to otherwise personalize your Website experience and/or our communications to you, as described in further detail below in the sectile titled “How We Use Your Information.”
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Present our Website, its contents and our services to you.
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Authenticate or otherwise verify your identity in connection with your actions or requests via the Website or otherwise.
- Verify information you have submitted to our Website when you choose to submit ratings of one or more employers through our Website.
- Personalize your Website experience and/or the informational or promotional communications we send to you.
- Provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries and customer service and support requests, including to investigate and address your concerns and to monitor and improve our responses.
- Provide you with informational and promotional content and materials regarding the Website and our services offered through the Website.
- Provide you with informational and promotional content and materials regarding the products and services of affiliates or third parties with whom we have partnered that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, databases and other technology assets and our business.
- Update and maintain customer, subscription or e-mail lists.
- Notify you about changes to our Website, products and services.
- With respect to Technical Information, fulfill the purposes described in the section above titled “Traffic, Usage and Computer/Device Information.”
- Respond to lawful requests for information through court orders, subpoenas, warrants and other legal processes or obligations.
- Enforce any contracts between you and us, including for billing and collection, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- Serve any other purpose that we describe when you provide the information and for any other purpose with your consent.
Other uses of your information (including your Personal Information) may include:
- Allowing participation in interactive features of the Website;
- If you are an individual representative of an employer, contacting you, at your request, about our Website and services;
- If you are a Sales Professional, allowing you to share your Sales Professional profile with Employers, which Employers may then use your information to contact you regarding interviews; and
- Providing you with important e-mail communications from us, including, if you are a Sales Professional, information about educational or career development resources that may be of interest to you (for information about how you can opt out of receiving certain e-mails from us, see the section below titled “Your Rights and Choices: Generally”).
Please also review the section below titled “Use and Disclosure of Pseudonymized, Aggregated or De-Identified Data” for important information on how we might use those types of information in our business.
Use of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to track and analyze certain traffic and usage statistics regarding the use of our Website, such as the number of visitors to our Website, how visitors are navigating to our Website, visitors’ general geographic region information, how long individuals are visiting our Website, and information about the equipment individuals are using to access our Website (e.g., browser version and operating system). Google Analytics may use a Google Analytics cookie as part of this service, and we may share certain Personal Information with Google Analytics as part of this service. We use this traffic and usage information to gauge, internally, the effectiveness of our advertising efforts and to make improvements to our Website and our marketing and promotional efforts.
In addition, we may use the following Google Analytics Advertising Features:
- Allowing participation in interactive features of the Website;
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Google Ads (as an integrated service with Google Analytics)
By enabling these features, we and certain third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together for various purposes. The information collected includes demographic information about our Website visitors and general information about our visitors’ interests. We use the information collected through our use of the Google Analytics Advertising Features to track Website behavior, segment our audience and to better target our advertising and marketing efforts (for our own and others’ products and services) and allow third-party vendors to do the same, for example to (1) display targeted advertisements to individuals who viewed a product but did not add that product to their cart, (2) target visitors from a certain geographic region with certain ads in Google search results that have previously shown a high degree of success for consumers in that region, (3) advertise our products and services across other websites that you may visit, or (4) allow Google or other third-party vendors to show you ads on websites that you visit after using our Website or clicking on an offer or ad in one of our e-mails or in our Website.
For more information, please review the following:
- Information about Google’s use of information from sites or apps that use Google’s services:https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
You can opt out of our use of certain Google Analytics features by updating the “Ads Settings” in your browser (https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated) or mobile device (https://support.google.com/ads/answer/1660762#mob), by enabling the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on in your browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout), or by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out page (https://optout.networkadvertising.org/). Because those opt-out and preference control pages are specific to the individual browser used to visit it, and because those pages are not operated by us, we are unable to perform the opt-outs on your behalf.
Disclosure of Your Information
If you are a Sales Professional, by using certain interactive features of the Website you may choose to display your Sales Professional profile to Employers, including any Personal Information you have chosen to display in such profile, which Employers may then use your information to contact you regarding interviews.
We may disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries and affiliates and to any contractors, service providers and other third parties who need to know such information (or such subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, service providers or other third parties may collect Personal Information directly from you on our behalf while you use our Website) in order to provide services to us that support our hosting, maintenance, operation and promotion of our Website, our Services and our business and our permitted uses of Personal Information under this Policy. For example, we may use a third party cloud-hosting infrastructure service provider (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure) and we may use a customer relationship management or an e-mail marketing software platform offered by a third party service provider.
We may disclose Personal Information to our affiliates or to a buyer or other successor to our business in the event of a sale of equity or assets, reorganization, merger, divestiture or a similar corporate transaction, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, and any due diligence review with respect to any such proposed transaction.
Finally, we may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose disclosed when the information is provided, and for any other purpose with your consent.
Please also review the section below titled “Use and Disclosure of Pseudonymized, Aggregated or De-Identified Data” for important information on how we might share those types of information with third parties.
Use and Disclosure of Pseudonymized, Aggregated or De-Identified Data
We may pseudonymize some Personal Information of users so that it can no longer be attributed to a particular, identifiable user without the use of other separately maintained information, or we may convert or combine some Personal Information of users into de-identified or aggregated data that does not disclose any of the Personal Information of any individual user. As an example, if you are a Sales Professional, we may pseudonymize, de-identify or aggregate information provided by you and other Sales Professionals to generate aggregate rankings of employers (i.e., a “scorecard”) that will be shared with you, other Sales Professionals, employers, and other third parties through our Website or otherwise—but never in a form that would identify you, personally. As another example, we may pseudonymize, de-identify or aggregate information provided by you in order to perform data analytics or other research activities, such as identifying sales professional employment trends or other market insights, and then share this data, analytics and research with third parties, including for commercial purposes—but again, never in a form that would identify you, personally. You acknowledge and agree that we may use and disclose to third parties any such pseudonymized, de-identified or aggregated data for any lawful purpose.
Social Media Sites and Widgets
If you log onto the Website through LinkedIn or a similar social media site, certain information about you will be transferred to the Website, and the fact that you have logged onto the Website and some of that transferred information may be available to other users of the social media site. That information may be subject to the privacy policies of any such social media site, and you should review those policies before using a social media site to log onto the Website. Any such transferred information will otherwise be subject to the terms of this Policy.
You may be able to use social media widgets such as the Facebook Like button on the Website. These widgets will collect your IP address and identify which page you are visiting on the Website and make your preference information available to third parties. The information collected by such widgets is controlled by third-party privacy policies.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information you provide to a third-party website or the information practices used by any third-party site, including links to any third-party site from our Website. We make no representations, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, privacy, safety, security, or the information practices of any third-party site. The inclusion of a link to a third-party site on our Website does not constitute any type of endorsement of the linked site by us. We are not responsible for any loss or damage you may sustain resulting from your use of any third-party website or any information you share with a third-party website.
Tracking and “Do Not Track”
We do not currently collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites for tracking purposes. Our third party service providers (such as Google) may on our behalf collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites for tracking purposes when you use our Website. However, we do not currently allow third parties to collect Personal Information on the Website that could be used by them to analyze and store information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites for their own tracking purposes or otherwise for their own benefit (separate and apart from any services they provide to us in support of our permitted uses of your Personal Information as described in this Policy).
Our Website does not respond to any “do not track” signals sent by your computer, browser or mobile device, and if your computer, browser or mobile device sends a “do not track” signal to our Website, our Website will not treat you differently from users who do not send such signals. For more information on how to disable certain tracking technologies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out page at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Assistance page at www.youradchoices.com.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or pages of our Website, or certain parts or features of our Website may not function properly. To learn more about cookies and how to disallow or manage them, go to www.allaboutcookies.org/.
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by us to contact you for marketing or promotional purposes or with information about education or career development opportunities that may be of interest to you, you can opt out by sending us an e-mail with your request to email@example.com or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” or similar link in the most recent e-mail you received from us and by following the prompts that appear. This opt-out does not apply to information provided as a result of a customer service or support service inquiry or other transactional communications (e.g., confirmation of registration, updates to this Policy, or response to a specific inquiry or request you have made to us).
Please also refer to the sections above titled “Use of Google Analytics” and “Tracking and ‘Do Not Track’” for more information regarding opting out of certain Google Analytics features and tracking features used on our Website.
You can review, change and request the deletion of certain portions of your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to any Personal Information that you have provided to us, or to correct or delete that Personal Information. Except as specifically described below in the sections titled “Canadian User: Individual Access,” and “European User: Your E.U. Privacy Rights”:
- We will evaluate such requests on a case-by-case basis.
- In certain cases we cannot delete your Personal Information. For example, we cannot continue to maintain your account without retaining certain portions of your Personal Information, so a request to delete certain forms of Personal Information may require the deletion of your account and cessation of services to you.
- We also may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Canadian Users: Individual Access
If you are a user accessing and using our Website from Canada then, upon your request, and subject to certain exceptions under applicable law, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and give you access to that information, and you may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have us amend it as appropriate. You may submit a request under this section by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. Please indicate in your communication that you are making an individual access request under Canadian law.
California “Shine The Light” Disclosure
The California Civil Code permits California residents with whom we have an established business relationship to request that we provide a list of certain categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise contact us using the information set forth below. Please mention that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. However, please know that we currently do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and have not done so in the preceding calendar year.
Nevada Residents: Sale Opt-Out Rights
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. Please mention that you are making a “Nevada Sale Opt-Out Right” request. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Users Outside of the United States
Our Website is hosted in the United States and is provided from the United States. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are accessing our Website from the European Union, Asia or any other jurisdiction with laws governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that by using the Website and providing your Personal Information to us and others through the Website you are expressly and knowingly consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information from your home country to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above (where laws may differ from the laws of your jurisdiction) and you are expressly and knowingly consenting to our use and disclosure of such Personal Information in accordance with this Policy..
If you are a user accessing and using our Website from the European Union, the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom (collectively, the “E.U. Countries” and such users the “European Users”), please read this section carefully for more information about our collection, processing and transfer of your Personal Information and your rights related to such activities.
A. Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a European User, we have the legal right to collect, process, use, and retain your Personal Information (“E.U. Personal Information”) in the ways described in this Policy, based on your consent, the need to use your E.U. Personal Information to provide you with services that you have requested and/or our legitimate interests in furthering our existing relationship with you or preventing fraud. If you do not provide such information, in certain cases you may be unable to use our Website and we may be unable to provide any services that you request.
B. Transfers of Your E.U. Personal Information to the United States
In connection with our collection and use of your E.U. Personal Information, we may transfer all or certain portions of your E.U. Personal Information to our servers in the United States or our third-party service providers in the United States. Please note that the governing bodies in your jurisdiction have determined that the laws of the United States do not provide adequate protection for your E.U. Personal Information. Accordingly, we are transferring your E.U. Personal Information from your country to the United States based on your explicit consent, and/or because the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request, and/or because the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between us and a third party, and in any case you acknowledge and agree that we may collect, use and disclose your E.U. Personal Information, both before and after such transfer, in accordance with this Policy.
C. Storage of Your E.U. Personal Information
We securely store your E.U. Personal Information in distributed locations in the United States using our own servers or the servers of reputable, third-party service providers such as our cloud-hosted infrastructure service provider and other cloud-based software service providers. We will keep such information for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain your E.U. Personal Information will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes), the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as a business.
D. Your E.U. Privacy Rights
If you are a European User, you will have the following additional rights with respect to your E.U. Personal Information (your “E.U. Privacy Rights”):
- If we intend to disclose your E.U. Personal Information to any third party that will have the right to process your E.U. Personal Information, we will enter into a contract with that third party that provides that your E.U. Personal Information may be processed only for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent that you have provided to us, and that the third party must provide the same level of protection for your E.U. Personal Information that we are obligated to provide under this Policy. In addition, we will notify you if that third party will have the right to determine the purposes for which it will process your E.U. Personal Information and the means it will use to process your E.U. Personal Information (rather than just providing requested assistance to us in support of our permitted uses of your E.U. Personal Information). In certain situations, we may be required to disclose your E.U. Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we are processing your E.U. Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before your withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our Website or our other products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- You may restrict our use and processing of your E.U. Personal Information by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have contested the accuracy of that information, if the processing is unlawful or if we no longer need such information for the purposes for which it was collected. We will then store your E.U. Personal Information and process it only with your consent, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or to protect the rights of others. The restriction with respect to information claimed to be inaccurate would end if we verify the accuracy of that contested information.
- We do not collect, store or process sensitive information related to your racial or ethnic identity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health (including genetic and biometric data), sex life or sexual orientation (“E.U. Sensitive Information”) unless you have given your explicit consent. Specifically, we may choose to collect certain demographic information (such as gender or ethnicity) in connection with your submission of employer ratings, user surveys or a personal profile to us using the interactive features of our Website or otherwise, but in each case you will have the option to decline to disclose this information in connection with your submission. We will not use or disclose any of your E.U. Sensitive Information without your explicit consent, subject to certain limited exceptions.
- We may create a profile to analyze or predict your personal preferences or interests solely related to your use of our Website and for the purposes described in this Policy. We do not otherwise create profiles to analyze or predict your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements. We do not make any decision about you that would have legal consequences or similarly significant effects on you based solely on automated decision-making, including the use of profiles.
- Upon our receipt of your request by e-mail at email@example.com and our verification of your identity, we will advise you whether we are processing E.U. Personal Information concerning you and, if so, will provide you with a copy of your E.U. Personal Information being processed and certain information about the nature and purposes of the processing. You may correct, amend or delete any such E.U. Personal Information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Upon your request, we will erase any of your E.U. Personal Information that is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected or that is being used for direct marketing purposes, or if our use is based on your consent and you withdraw that consent, or if we have made such E.U. Personal Information public. We will not erase such information, however, to the extent it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim or another exception applies under applicable law in your jurisdiction.
- If we are using your E.U. Personal Information on the basis of your consent and we change our Policy to permit any use or disclosure of your E.U. Personal Information that is materially different than the uses for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, we will obtain your consent before we make such further uses of your E.U. Personal Information.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and no one under age 18 may provide any information to this Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under age 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website, make any purchases through this Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information that you provide to us is stored on servers behind firewalls, and certain Personal Information will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. When we have given you (or when you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we have implemented security measures that we think are adequate, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website home page.
The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
We are RepVue, Inc., a Delaware corporation with headquarters in Chapel Hill, North Carolina in the United States. To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, you may contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via postal mail at 510 Meadowmont Village Circle, #228, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27517, USA.
If you have a complaint that has not been satisfied by contacting us at the email address above, you have the right to complain to the independent public authority created by your country of residence with the responsibility for monitoring the laws governing the processing of Personal Information.